Saya is derived from Kanji: 沙 (sa) "sand" and 耶 (ya), used exclusively in names meaning "question mark."
She has short, aquamarine-colored hair. Her right eye is replaced with a flower head, which obstructs her right eye to see anything.
Her dress is white and sleeveless and cuts down to the thighs. She wears a black cape with aquamarine-colored motif lining that goes from around her breasts down to the rest of her body. The vest has an inner, transparent black cloth with a patterned cut. She wears white gloves on her hands
She wears black high heels and black stocking with an aquamarine-colored lining on the top for her right leg.
She is constantly surrounded by flower heads and some can be seen used as ornaments.
Saya is a very inquisitive person and is content to find out how and why everything works in the first place. She is depicted throughout the story as the person who tries to find reason for everything that has happened, even down to breaking the rules to find out what the rules are. She carries, with her, questions that she keeps finding just by going around, and will keep traversing throughout the world of Arcaea to find answers.
|The following section of this article contains spoilers. Proceed with caution if you have not read the Story yet.|
Stats by Level
Saya is overall above average in terms of raw stats, having a sum of 175 from the baseline 160.
- Her maximum FRAG stat translate to 1.70x fragment multiplier.
- Her maximum STEP stat translate to 1.80x step multiplier for world mode.
This makes her one of the most well-rounded and versatile partners to use. However, due to the lack of any specialization, the actual use case for her is unfortunately minimal;
- Her FRAG earning is below Luna, Kou, Tairitsu (Summer), Eto (when playing a light side song), and Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX).
- Her STEP earning is overall below Tairitsu (Grievous Lady), Hikari (Fracture) and Ilith.
If the player has none of these characters yet, Saya is a great choice — however she is quickly substituted for any of the mentioned partners above once the player obtains and levels them.
With Saya's skill:
- Recollection Rate change for PURE is multiplied by 2.
- Recollection Rate change for FAR is multiplied by 0.
- Recollection Rate change for LOST is multiplied by 3.
This skill, while a Balance skill, is more accurately described as a "slightly harder" normal recollection rate due to the rate not increasing for FAR notes, which results in a more punishing LOST note penalty.
- Alexandrite, which features Saya in its artwork, was released in v1.7.6 before she was officially introduced as a partner in v2.0.0.
|Starting Partners||Hikari • Tairitsu|
|Story Partners||Tairitsu (Axium) • Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) • Hikari (Zero) • Hikari (Fracture)|
|Side Story Partners||Kou • Lethe • Eto • Luna • Saya • Kanae|
|Collaboration Partners||Sapphire • Stella • Hikari & Fisica • Tairitsu & Trin • Hikari & Seine • Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) & Chuni Penguin|
|Soundtrack Partners||Hikari (Fantasia) • Tairitsu (Sonata)|
|Limited-Time Partners||Ilith • Shirabe • Hikari (Summer) • Tairitsu (Summer) • Ayu • Eto & Luna • Yume • Nono Shibusawa • Haruna Mishima • Regulus (MDA-21) • Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX) • Chuni Penguin • Sia|